Group retirement plans
REACH PORT WITH PEACE OF MIND
Maximize the fiscal impact of annual contributions made by you and your participants,
while offering the appropriate retirement plan.
REACH PORT WITH PEACE OF MIND
At GFMD, our advisors lean on their understanding of your plan objectives and on those of your participants’ risk profiles, so you can benefit from the most optimal plan. Through a personalized approach and a complete range of products, we help you to maximize every dollar invested towards retirement and guide your participants in their journey, while limiting the plan’s administrative impact.
Reach your goals
Our team’s expertise, combined with a wide range of available plans, will allow you and your participants to make the proper choices to reach your financial goals confidently.
Choosing the right plan to reach your goal
GROUP REGISTERED RETIREMENT SAVING PLAN (RRSP)Grouping several individual RRSP plans enables employees to save through payroll or preauthorized deductions.
DEFERRED PROFIT-SHARING PLAN (DPSP)Enables the company to distribute a portion of profits to specific or all participants.
SIMPLIFIED PENSION PLAN (SPP)You and, usually, your participants, make contributions to an account that is managed by a third party financial institution.
INDIVIDUAL PENSION PLANS (IPP)Registered pension plan designed for a single participant, intended mainly for business owners and company executives.
REGISTERED PENSION PLANS (RPP)Defined contribution (DC)
You and, usually, your participants, make contributions either at a percentage of the salary or a fixed amount.
Defined benefits (DB)
Plan that provides a predetermined retirement benefit.
TAX-FREE SAVINGS ACCOUNT (TFSA)Employee contribution tool which allows deposits to a tax-free account in order to promote savings.
NON-REGISTERED SAVINGS PLAN (NRSP)Plan that welcomes, among others, after tax or excess contributions which surpass imposed limits on pension plans.
RETIREMENT WITHDRAWAL OPTIONSConverts assets into revenue.
OUR GROUP RETIREMENT PLANS SERVICES
Simplify the current plan management and support your participants
in reaching their financial retirement objectives
SERVICES TO ADMINISTRATORS
- Fiscal impact optimization of plan contributions
- Document review prepared by the service provider
- Preparation of requests for proposals
- Market survey with different service providers in order to ensure service quality standards along with competitive fee structures
- Assessment grid preparation for finalists’ presentations
- Assistance for the committee during the service provider decision process
– Prepare a transition plan when necessary
- Recommend changes on plan design or investment option selection
- Ensure the committee is up to date in regards to ongoing regulatory changes
- Training sessions with plan administrators and maximize usage of service providers’ electronic tools
- Help human resources introduce internal policies
- Reply any time to questions via toll free number or email
- Specialized resources to deal with contentious issues
- Validation of civil liability insurance for plan administrators
- Follow up of administrative transactions (enrolments, termination notices, retirements, support when calculating annual equivalence factor)
SERVICES TO PLAN PARTICIPANTS
- Presentation of plan rules and structure
- Presentation of different sources of retirement income and the importance of saving to meet this objective
- Guide participants by establishing their individual investor profile
- Help participants choose their investment vehicles
- Support participants in their investment choices
- Promote the current plan in place
- Pre-retirement information sessions to present retirement withdrawal options (RRIF, LIF and annuities)
- Elaboration of a personalized approach by preparing different calculation scenarios projecting retirement income
- Estimation of different revenue sources at retirement (QPP/CPP, OAS, GIS, personal RRSP, personal non-registered savings, etc.)